Healing Your Relationship with Food
Struggling with an eating disorder can feel isolating, overwhelming, and exhausting. If you're caught in the grip of disordered eating patterns, know that you're not alone, and recovery is possible. At Good Therapy San Diego, we specialize in providing compassionate and effective individual therapy and family therapy struggling with eating disorders, helping them reclaim their health, well-being, and sense of self.
Common Concerns Addressed in Eating Disorder Therapy:
- Distorted Body Image: Challenging negative body image beliefs and developing a more realistic and compassionate view of oneself.
- Restrictive Eating: Addressing fears and anxieties around food, calories, and weight gain, and gradually reintroducing balanced and nourishing eating patterns.
- Binge Eating: Understanding triggers and patterns of binge eating episodes and developing strategies to manage urges and regulate emotions without turning to food.
- Compensatory Behaviors: Addressing behaviors such as purging, laxative abuse, or excessive exercise used to compensate for food intake and managing urges to engage in these behaviors.
- Emotional Regulation: Learning healthy coping strategies to manage emotions, stress, and anxiety without relying on disordered eating behaviors.
- Nutritional Rehabilitation: Reestablishing regular and balanced eating habits, meal planning, and nutritional education to support physical health and recovery.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Exploring the impact of eating disorders on relationships with family, friends, and partners, and developing healthier communication and boundaries.
- Co-occurring Disorders: Addressing co-occurring mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, or trauma that may be contributing to or exacerbated by disordered eating.
Our Approach to Eating Disorder Therapy:
At Good Therapy San Diego, we take a holistic and client-centered approach to eating disorder therapy. Our experienced therapists work with individuals to:
- Assessment: We conduct a comprehensive assessment to understand the unique factors contributing to the eating disorder and develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to the individual's needs, goals, and preferences.
- Nutritional Counseling: We collaborate with registered dietitians and nutritionists to provide evidence-based nutritional education, meal planning, and support to help individuals establish balanced and nourishing eating habits.
- Therapeutic Techniques: We utilize a variety of therapeutic techniques and modalities, including cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), to address the emotional, psychological, and behavioral aspects of the eating disorder.
- Body Image Work: We help individuals challenge and reframe negative body image beliefs, develop greater body acceptance and appreciation, and cultivate a more compassionate and respectful relationship with their bodies.
- Relapse Prevention: We equip individuals with relapse prevention skills and strategies to identify triggers, cope with cravings and urges, and maintain progress in recovery over the long term.
Our Oceanside, Encinitas, San Diego, and Virtual Therapists can help!
Why Choose Good Therapy San Diego? You will find compassionate care, evidence-based treatment, experienced clinicians and a holistic approach to healing. we are passionate about addressing the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual dimensions of recovery to support individuals in achieving lasting wellness and well-being.
Take the First Step Towards Recovery: Schedule an Eating Disorder Therapy Session Today
Recovery from an eating disorder is possible, and you don't have to do it alone. Take the first step towards healing, freedom, and reclaiming your life by scheduling an eating disorder therapy session at Good Therapy San Diego. Our compassionate therapists are here to support you on your journey towards recovery and wellness.